Monday, February 11, 2013

Just for fun Bowl

Yeah, I know. I'm late. This lovely bowl should have been made and posted sometime last week. But it wasn't, it was made this morning and is now being posted. I'M SORRY! I had a huge week and even bigger weekend, but, if I'm being honest, (looking back) there were plenty of opportunities for me to have made this bowl. I gotta admit, I'm a little discouraged now. I was really proud of myself for posting on time last year with teapots, and then, BAM, in Feb I'm already late. Grrrrrrr Well, enough self disciplining, on to the good stuff.
 
 
 




I love the wavy rim.  I seem to be doing this a lot in my "normal" work too.  I even did a variation of it on my last bowl.  Like i said before, i like movement.  I want you to look at my piece for more than two seconds.  In fact i want you to look at it for a long time and maybe even purchase it and then years later still see stuff you didn't notice before like a glaze drip or a certain, new color that seems to appear when this glaze overlapped the other, ect.  I think that's what makes good art in general.  Because finding all those little details will spark a feeling and that feeling is why I do what i do.  I want to bring joy and emotion to you though my pots. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, love it Sarah :) Looks like you're having SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete