Sunday, January 20, 2013

The "creative fish" bowl

 
I made this bowl while demonstrating at a class I am teaching at the Creative Fish Art Gallery in Syracuse, IN.  I threw the bowl to demonstrate how to throw a bowl on the pottery wheel and it turned out pretty good.  (usually when i'm demonstrating something goes wrong-of course, but not this time)  I then transported the bowl back to my studio, orver an hour away and trimmed the foot and carved out the design you see here.  I'm proud of this bowl.  It has a rounded inside, like half of a circle with no ledge where the walls meet the base ( one of my pet peeves-flat bottom bowls!)  i love the rim.  The size of the rim is nice and the patter i just free handed. before i cut out the rim i altered it and these alterations are what inspired my cutting.  The trimmed foot ring is very nice and just finishes the piece.  I've named this piece after the place it was concieved...i here parents do this too. (i guess these pots are my kids haha) 
  
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment